I’ve compiled some of my old illustrations with a few new ones and created three sets of mini note cards, ideal for popping into a lunch box or tucking under a pillow. My test versions were a real hit in the school cafeteria, I hear. (Christen gets a virtual cookie for guessing what these were when I first wrote about them almost a year ago, before I let the project languish in the dark corners of my workspace!)
All of the cards are available as digital files so they can be printed over and over again. They can be found in the shop.
The “Narnia project,” as we’ve been calling it around here, is wrapped up, and I’m breaking out the paints to finish up another project that’s been hanging around for far too long. It’s also been far too long since I last got to paint, and it is especially fun to be doing it now in a carefree, scribbly sort of way, as is required by this particular project. I’m painting right on card stock, which is pretty horrid with watercolors—the pigment soaks into the fibers in weird ways, and the paper can’t tolerate many layers of wet—but that’s all part of the aforesaid scribbly nature and is working out better than I would have guessed….
My primitive photo shoot setup. I prefer natural light when I can get it, but this works late at night or on a rainy day like today. Note the very fancy bounce boards (leftover foam core) and tripod (stacked boxes and packs of paper). I’ve got a tripod on my birthday list, but for now, this gets the job done—although it is very annoying to set up and take down regularly.
I’ve got two more drawings to complete for the illustration project. And yes, that is Aslan.